In 2022, the Diagnostic Test Accuracy database (DiTA) was searched over 23,000 times by users in 143 countries.
The most accessed articles by DiTA users were reviews even though DiTA contains more primary diagnostic test accuracy studies than reviews of such studies. This reinforces the preference of many physiotherapists for using synthesized forms of high-quality evidence to guide their practice.
The top 10 articles accessed in DiTA during 2022 were:
- Sadiq et al. ‘Hand on Hip’ sign: a novel screening test and diagnostic tool in piriformis syndrome. Journal of Orthopaedics, Trauma and Rehabilitation 2020 Oct 7:Epub ahead of print. Read more on DiTA.
- Hanchard et al. Physical tests for shoulder impingements and local lesions of bursa, tendon or labrum that may accompany impingement. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013;Issue 4. Read more on DiTA.
- Sokal et al. The diagnostic accuracy of clinical tests for anterior cruciate ligament tears are comparable but the Lachman Test has been previously overestimated: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy 2022;30(10):3287-303. Read more on DiTA.
- Gomes et al. Diagnostic accuracy of the Ottawa Ankle Rule to exclude fractures in acute ankle injuries in adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders 202223;23(885):Epub. Read more on DiTA.
- van der Windt et al. Physical examination for lumbar radiculopathy due to disc herniation in patients with low-back pain. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2010;Issue 2. Read more on DiTA.
- Kasitinon et al. Physical examination and patellofemoral pain syndrome: an updated review. Current Reviews in Musculoskeletal Medicine 2021;14(6):406-12. Read more on DiTA.
- Wright et al. Diagnostic accuracy of patient history in the diagnosis of hip-related pain: a systematic review. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 2021;102(12):2454-63. Read more on DiTA.
- Nunez de Arenas-Arroyo et al. Accuracy of the most common provocation tests for diagnosing carpal tunnel syndrome: a systematic review with meta-analysis. The Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy 2022;52(8):522-31. Read more on DiTA.
- Reddy et al. Clinico-radiological correlation of shoulder pain. European Journal of Molecular and Clinical Medicine 2022;9(4):60-9. Read more on DiTA.
- Saueressig et al. Diagnostic accuracy of clusters of pain provocation tests for detecting sacroiliac joint pain: systematic review with meta-analysis. The Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy 2021;51(9):422-31. Read more on DiTA.